Gauteng Rebuilding Fund
Applications for the Gauteng Rebuilding Fund
This fund only supports businesses that have suffered losses due to COVID-19 and looting in July. Funding is available on a first-come, first-served basis for those who qualify until they are exhausted.
It is the applicant’s responsibility to prove that they suffered losses through COVID-19 or looting and unrest.
Who can apply?
- The applying business must be based in Gauteng.
- The business must demonstrate the ability to service the loan component through a repayment plan.
- Businesses must provide evidence that the enterprise was trading before the COVID19/unrest. The evidence can include bank statements, invoices and lease agreements.
- Businesses should not have applied for national government insurance relief through SASRIA.
- Businesses from all sectors may apply.
- The financial assistance offered is 50/50 blend of loan and grant.
The fund will not support:
- Businesses that have claimed from insurance.
- Financing for normal expansions.
- Payment of non-operational expenditure such as bonuses.
- Financing of new enterprises.
All applications must be submitted with the following documents:
- Business plan with five-year projections or management accounts.
- Previous three-years financial statement and current management accounts (for existing businesses).
- Purchase/Sales/Lease/ Franchise/ Licensing/ Agency or any other agreements.
- Any other information supporting your proposal.
- Company Registration Document.
- Purchase Order/Contract / Subcontract.
- Residential Address – Water and rates to be submitted.
- Marriage certificate and divorce decree, if applicable.
- Identity document.
- Details of members, if applicable.
- Additional info may be requested depending on the type of deal.
Applications not related to COVID 19 and the riots:
GEP continues to provide funding, business development support, and post-investment support to startups, businesses seeking to scale up operations and businesses with contract or financing needs.
Entrepreneurs seeking this kind of support may submit their applications to GEP.