Frequently asked questions

Dummy accordion don't delete
GEP has introduced an online system for application. Can I access the system outside GEP offices?

Yes you can. The Online System can be also accessed outside GEP offices. You can log on , click on Online to apply. Alternatively, you can visit one of GEP regional offices for assistance. You may also call us at : 087 057 2000.

How can I be assured that my application won’t be lost like in the past?

The online system will store your information safely. You will also be given a reference number that you should use to track the status of your application.

What type of financial support can I get from GEP?

There are procedures that are set for financial support to be provided. Once the application is received, a need analysis is made which determines the type of business, location, number of years your business has been operating, support required, and whether your business is compliant.

There is currently Community Fund, which is given to business that have been operating for six month to a year. The Township Business Revitalisation (TBR) and Cooperative Assistance Programme (CAP) for business that have been operating for two year and are in townships. These types of funding are processed at the regional Offices. Financial loans are done at the GEP Head Office.  

Does GEP assist SMMEs with businesses plans, marketing material and training?

GEP has a Business Development Support programme that assist with the above. As we have mentioned at the beginning, any assistance requires needs analysis first to determine the relevancy of the support.